Pickup help needed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup help needed...

I have a DKMGT that came with EMG's which I got rid of and put in a couple of Duncans I had laying around. I like the Jazz in the neck but I want something that will offset the bright sounding alder body/maple neck and round out the tone a bit. I'm thinking a Dimarzio Breed but haven't decided yet. I play through a JSX dry and I want something that's clear and punchy.

if you like the scooped sound try a custom 5 (sh or tb-14)
    try the full shred if like the full on mids.
    or the dimarzio superdistortion.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I have a Dimarzio Tone Zone in excellent condition that I'm going to trade in on my lunch break, wanna make and offer?

Comment

get a dimarzio D-sonic. John petrucci's pickup. Its got a great low-end for the drop-tuned chugga chugga. But I went the "cheaper" route and got myself a GFS pup. It did take away some of the harshness of the SH4-JB in my DK2. But its no emg though.
        Sam

Comment

Hard to beat the Duncan Custom, imo. What Duncan do you have in the bridge now? Since you say it's too bright, I'm guessing JB.

Comment

FWIW, I have done a lot of comparing of Seymour Duncan pup combos using Jazz in the neck. It and the '59 my fav neck pups. These are my opinions based on what you described: I can only recommend two. Either will work fine for articulation. 1) Custom. 2) Full shred. FS has more midrange. I am using it now in an alder body as well. It sounds great. BUT I'm thinking maybe the Custom is a better choice in your case. I don't see how you could go wrong with that.

Only Dimarzios I'd consider, if you are leaning that way, would be Tone Zone or an older Super Distortion.
            In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

Working...
            X