Oxidation problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oxidation problem

Yeah, Brasso is what I use too for the rollers. The only pain is getting the buffing/polishing cloth into the groove of the roller. I find it helpful to use a pen cap from a standard papermate pen. The pen cap's stem is triagular-shaped and I use one of the edges to wedge the cloth in the groove. I used to use toothpicks for this, but the toothpicks usually end up breaking pretty easily.

I never thought of clear nail polish to keep em clean...I'll have to look into that!
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Re: Oxidation problem

use a q-tip

Comment

Oxidation problem

Hey folks, got a ?? for you. I am working on fixing up an old Guild that I will be selling, and a noticed some severe oxidation on the Kahler. Specifically, the brass rollers are badly oxidized, even appearing a bit 'green', if you know what I mean. The rollers still move (amazingly), but they look pretty bad. What would be the best way to remove this gunk? Thanks for your help!

-Kenn

Comment

Re: Oxidation problem

Kenn:

There is a product called "Brasso" that cleans brass like its cool.

A old toothbrush may also help to break up the oxidation.

On my BC Rich, I had the same problem, and used the brasso, then I kidnapped some of Mrs LPC's clear nail polish and coated them with that, end of problem [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
        X