Getting a paint job for guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a paint job for guitar?

I have a Soloist XL, that I love and I want to get it repainted. She has her share of dings and the numbnutz who owned it before me decided to drill an extra tone knob slot. Why God? Why would he do that? Anyways, does anyone have any experience with a good guitar refinisher?

Here's the catch: I do NOT want ghetto spray paint air brush looking stuff. I want car paint, and I want it to look like it was fresh out of the factory. Any leads? Thanks guys!!

There are a few guys here on the forum who can help.

I am sure if they are interested, they will drop you a line.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

www.martybellfinishing.com Marty Bell, fast and great work
      www.gmwguitars.com Lee Garver, very experienced. Will take longer to get done, but very good as well.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Just to clarify, airbrushed paint graphics are not all ghetto applied. There are some ultra high quality finishes out there. Maybe you already knew that, but the way it was worded, I just wanted to air that...
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

mm2002, his name is mark, a few people have had stuff done by him. from what i have seen, he does good stuff.
          "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by kudogg View Post
            I have a Soloist XL, that I love and I want to get it repainted. She has her share of dings and the numbnutz who owned it before me decided to drill an extra tone knob slot. Why God? Why would he do that? Anyways, does anyone have any experience with a good guitar refinisher?

Here's the catch: I do NOT want ghetto spray paint air brush looking stuff. I want car paint, and I want it to look like it was fresh out of the factory. Any leads? Thanks guys!!

where are you based?

Comment

mm2002.... He does great work.... if you search around here you will see lot's of pictures of bodies he has painted and a few cars.

Comment

Here is one I just got back from Mark last week. The graphics are decals but he did such a good job you can't tell. Speaking of graphics, if you want a graphic on your body contact Mike Learn. He is a great guy to deal with.

Comment

I have had two guitars refinished at GMW, including a Soloist Pro. Higher price and longer wait than other shops from what I've heard, but I am very satisfied with the results. The Soloist was originally red and repainted in the black pearl finish that Jackson had just introduced for the then-new Y2KV, color matched from the catalog.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yep, GMW are top-notch.
                    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
                      www.martybellfinishing.com Marty Bell, fast and great work
                      www.gmwguitars.com Lee Garver, very experienced. Will take longer to get done, but very good as well.
                      sweet, just what I was looking for
                      www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
                      the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

Originally posted by 24seven View Post
                        where are you based?
                        Los Angeles

Comment

You might want to check this gal out:

http://www.customairbrush.com

She's never done any work for me, unfortunately.
                          "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

Originally posted by slash View Post
                            mm2002.... He does great work.... if you search around here you will see lot's of pictures of bodies he has painted and a few cars.

VERY NICE JOB on the DeMartini Frenchy !!!

Comment

Originally posted by kudogg View Post
                              Los Angeles
                              Marty is in Orange County. You have the guitar in and out in 4-5 days!
                              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                              X