Kent Armstrong PUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kent Armstrong PUs

I've never used them myself, but the word on the street is that they are very good pickups, and seem to have a loyal following.

Re: Kent Armstrong PUs

Cool, thanks for the input. I'm looking at a distortion - type that looks like an EMG but is passive.

Comment

Kent Armstrong PUs

In my never ending quest for a great pick up thats different and cheaper than the big company's I stumbled upon these. Anyone ever try them ? Is the distortion, super distortion as good as say a Duncan distortion ?

Comment

Originally posted by pitboss:
        In my never ending quest for a great pick up thats different and cheaper than the big company's I stumbled upon these. Anyone ever try them ? Is the distortion, super distortion as good as say a Duncan distortion ?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">they're JB version pick up is awesome , it's one of those oem 35 buck pickups they sound as nice as the jb . I also know a guy who uses those distortion style ones and he really likes em but I don't know if they sound as good as the duncan distortion but they do sound great . //Steve

Comment

Kent Armstrong pickups were in a few Jackson models during the `90s. I had a pair of Armstrong JVA chrome humbuckers in my AT2T, and the bridge pickup was miles beyond the Duncan Jazz for clean tone. I have a JP-10/JP-11 set in my RR2 USA Rhoads, and they are very similar to a Duncan Distortion.

I don't know how those model numbers match up with their current pickup line, but if they are similar, then you get a lot of pickup for not much money.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X