Gotoh locking trem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotoh locking trem

Do any of you know this Gotoh locking tremolo? What's your experience with it? Any good?

Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Great trem. I have one on my Model 6. Rock solid.

The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

So, it is interchangeable with an OFR?
      Henrik

Comment

I've played a few Gotohs, and loved them, and they get good reviews, generally. I thought I just read, where someone said they DO fit in an OFR spot. Can't locate where I read it, though, to confirm, so hopefully, others will chime in, soon.
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
          So, it is interchangeable with an OFR?
          Don't know about that, as it replaced a JT-6. Can't see why it wouldn't.
          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

If it can replace a JT-6, it can replace an OFR.
            Same post spacing.
            -Rick

Comment

I thought that too. Just wanna make sure. I've replaced JT-6's with OFR's myself without major problems.
              Henrik

Comment

The only problems I could see is if it would fit in a recessed rout if you have one.
                For non recessed applications it should work fine. I know that sometimes with trems that have that one flat longer edge on the one end there can be problems fitting in certain trem recesses. And of course you need to get one with the proper block for your application, 32,37 or 42.

Comment

The Gotoh´s are good, but I can´t see why anyone would replace a OFR with one. Anyhoo, a friend of mine swapped out his crapped-out JT580LP with one of those, and I think it did fit pretty good.

Comment

Wild follow-up question: Did any of the Music Man EVH's or the Peavey Wolfgang's come with this Gotoh trem?
                    Henrik

Comment

I've also heard good things about the Gotohs. If I needed a replacement for a JT580LP or similar, I would probably give it a shot.

I have no idea about what came on the EVH guitars, sorry.

Comment

Well, I don´t think the different EVH´s ever came with this particular model with the "open", long knife edge on the treble side... but it´s definitely plausible that Gotoh made some of the units used.

Comment

Here's the big question: If they're priced almost the same, why go with anything but an OFR? At least, since Ibanez hasn't made the ZR trem an aftermarket item...

Comment

Originally posted by atilla View Post
                            Here's the big question: If they're priced almost the same, why go with anything but an OFR? At least, since Ibanez hasn't made the ZR trem an aftermarket item...
                            Over here, the Gotoh is a lot more reasonably priced than both the OFR and the Schaller. Or at least it was so, the last time I looked.

Btw, highly agreed on the ZR trem! It's the only non-OFR trem that made me really really impressed - almost envious. I would really like to get one for my project guitar...

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                              Btw, highly agreed on the ZR trem! It's the only non-OFR trem that made me really really impressed - almost envious. I would really like to get one for my project guitar...
                              Yeah, I tried one on an Ibanez S Prestige and it was sweeeeet. This might be heresy in these parts, but the guitar itself was nice, too. Would of bought it if it had inlays on the fretboard instead of just a squiggle at the 12th fret.

Comment

Working...
                              X