Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which way do you turn the rod for relief?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which way do you turn the rod for relief?

well?..

Ox

Re: Which way do you turn the rod for relief?

Leftsie loosie, rightsy tightsie.

Left

Comment

If the strings are too high off the fretboard, look down from the top of the headstock and tighten the rod by turning right (clockwise/towards Low E string). If the strings are too close to the board, loosen by turning left (counterclockwise/towards the high E).
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

yeah but dont just go by how high the strings are, adjusting action is something you do on the bridge. i dont know much, but i think you wanna go by the difference in string height at different places on the fretboard

Comment

True. Adjust your overall action at the bridge, then hold down the first and last frets and check for relief between frets 5 through 9. If you can fit more than a 1.0mm pick in between the gap of the strings and frets, you should then tighten the truss rod. Do the opposite if it's less.
          Though, it's personal preference and you should go by whatever feels better to you.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Check this thread:

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...c;f=7;t=001565

I posted a link to the Taylor Tech Sheet concerning truss rod adjustments... the diagrams should make it clear! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Which direction to turn the truss nut wasn't covered in the other thread but Toejam is correct. Follow his directions and you'll be fine.
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Not to sound like a jackass, but the Taylor Tech Sheet DOES tell you which way to turn the truss rod depending on the direction of neck bowing. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Well NOP maybe you ARE a jackass and maybe I'm blind as a bat!!! OK! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

No sweat, sir! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

And I admit that I can be quite the jackass on other message boards... I think I behave myself rather well on this one. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

You don't do too bad here at all. Must be Sullys nut noose!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X