floyd rose + damn clicking= me pissed the hell off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• floyd rose + damn clicking= me pissed the hell off

alrighty , i tried the search function but could hit the jackpot. when i dive bomb and then pull up. i hear a very noticeable CLICK. any suggestions?
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Can you isolate the area where the sound is coming from? Is it at the bridge or at the nut? I once had a mystery clicking/creaking sound & it turned out that the 2 mounting screws for the locknut were loose. The nut was shifting on divebombs & hard pullups.

Comment

find where the sound is coming from first...might be the saddles moving around, might be a saddle has a burr or something and the string is hitting that and "clicking" (ive seen it before). possible you may be pulling the trem off the posts as well...ive done that before! LOL
      My metal band Lucian Scott
      Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
      Available Now!
      New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Or it could be the neck creaking in the pocket. Or the locking nut, etc.

Something is probably moving.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S-man View Post
          Or it could be the neck creaking in the pocket. Or the locking nut, etc.

Something is probably moving.
          ive had the neck shift a little too. forgot about that one LOL
          My metal band Lucian Scott
          Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
          Available Now!
          New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

i think i solved the problem, the locking nut was a little loose, though i removed the string clamps checked to see if the nut was secure and retighted the nut. dive bombed, still found the click to be there. tightened the nut, another dive bomb, less profound click and tightened again. bam it was gone, but i fear i may have torqued it down to much.
            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Had a feeling that was going to be it. I used to never agree with the guys who said through-the-neck bolts were the only good way to mount floyd nuts, but after my problem I began to understand that point of view. The little screws are pretty small, and if it's slipping you really have to crank down, which can lead to stripping. There's just not a lot of wood there, with the truss rod right between. It only happened to me on the one guitar, but it makes you think.

Comment

Working...
              X