7 String Humbuckers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 String Humbuckers

ok so i'll be buying a Washburn 7 string soon (i would get a Jackson, but the 7 string Jacksons are hard to get over here in England). I will be changing the bridge pickup, but what pickup would be best?

I mostly play death/thrash metal but would also like the guitar to be useful for shred like playing.
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Re: 7 String Humbuckers

I've got a Duncan Custom in the bridge of my RG1527. I love that thing. It has a more open tone than the Distoriton I have in my 650XL. The lead tones are nice and clear, with the rhythm tones being articulate a well. If you have a high gain amp, this pickup should do well. I have a 5150 and I can still get some nice thick high gain metal rhythms out of the pickup. It is not as hot as the Distortion or Invader 7-string pickups, but it works very well for me. I play more of a power metal type, but it is worth a shot in my opinion. You might also look at the EMG 707. I've heard really good things about those as well.

Comment

Re: 7 String Humbuckers

One thing to be aware of when considering the EMG 707: You'll have to route the guitar to fit them, since they use bass pickup casings.

'bane

Comment

Working...
      X