Jackson JE-1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson JE-1000

does anyone know what the three tiny switches do? I know they are a mid shift kinda thing, but does anyone know the specific frequencies?

Also, I'm looking to buy one, or even just a schematic, I want to take it apart and see exactly what everything does.

Any help would be appreciated,
    Thanks!
    Allen

This is what I know:

"By activating the dip switches you can gradually lower the frequency of the pickup resonance peak. The switches can be set in 8 different combinations. In order the combinations are (higher to lower frequency). "

1. all off
    2. Activated 1
    3 Activated 2
    4 Activated 1 & 2
    5 Activated 3
    6 Activated 1 & 3
    7 Activated 2 & 3
    8 Activated 1, 2 and 3

Hope it helps. Do you have one?

Comment

Aren`t they for bass,middle and high?... At least that`s what I`ve read
      Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Here's a couple old threads where people ask the same thing. Seventhson mentions in both that the exact frequencies affected weren't documented:
        http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...=JE1000+JE1200

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...=JE1000+JE1200

Flip the switches until you find something you like. From old posts if I remember correctly, a lot of people liked 'up-down-up' (when looking at the switch in the orientation as in the pic below), which is what I prefer.

http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...8Page12_13.htm

Comment

Up-down-Up cut`s down the mids...
          Just like Metallica has their EQ`s....

Edit: I guess I was right
          "JE1000 a simple 3 band EQ -> treble boost on/off, mid boost on/off, bass boost on/off."
          Last edited by Special-K; 05-02-2007, 04:27 PM.
          Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

I had one a couple of years ago, and now I'm trying to find another one to put in a new guitar... I doubt I'm going to have much luck finding one though...they seem to be pretty rare these days.

Also, the 3 switches...I've seen the MM-04, a Je-1000 clone, and that has 4..does anybody know what the fourth one does?
            Thanks again,
            Allen

Comment

I have a Jackson Schon Guitar and the JE1000 in it has 4 switches.

Comment

Originally posted by Warheart View Post
                I had one a couple of years ago, and now I'm trying to find another one to put in a new guitar... I doubt I'm going to have much luck finding one though...they seem to be pretty rare these days.

Also, the 3 switches...I've seen the MM-04, a Je-1000 clone, and that has 4..does anybody know what the fourth one does?
                Thanks again,
                Allen
                The 4th one does nothing (NO JOKE!!!!)
                Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Originally posted by Warheart View Post
                  Thanks again,
                  Allen
                  The 4th switch is an optional upgrade on the MM-04. I don't know what it does, but it certainly does something (Special-K, stop posting if you can't back up what you say!!).

Check this:
                  http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/...a22f3d8f45452a

I think that Musamaailma will start to produce these and sell them. They now come originally with Alexi's new ESPs and they are mentioned in the specs of the guitar. They probably won't be 1:1 of the JE1000, but they will be real close IMO.

Comment

Nazgul that was said in an interview and I think even you said that you heard it ....

But, if all of that is wrong, then maybe it`s just to set how much gain you want...And the others are bass,middle,treble
                    Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Why would someone pay an upcharge to have an extra switch that does nothing? And you have a trim-pot to set the level of gain.

Comment

Oh...
                        Then the only guess I can give is that it is and extended EQ...
                        Doesn`t no one know it for sure!?
                        Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Originally posted by Special-K View Post
                          Oh...
                          Then the only guess I can give is that it is and extended EQ...

Comment

^^ Love that photo
                            Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

It's an extended eq. How do I know? because I got 2 of them (both with 4 dips). One installed, one waiting for an axe to put it in.

Comment

Working...
                              X