Zakk Wyldes strings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zakk Wyldes strings

oh man i use to use these string and they hurt my hands until i figured out i should use so much pressure.

I currently have them on my kelly and i love them. i picked up my jackson king v (which has 9 -46 or something like that) and oh man it felt like noodles.

im changing them to zakks also.

anyone else like the thick strings?

would using them help my fingers to get stronger?

Re: Zakk Wyldes strings

I use them on my rr3...tuned down to C however. Love'em.

Comment

Which ones? There's two ZW sets. From GHS' website:

Zakk Wylde GBZW 010 013 017 DY36 DY52 DY60.

Zakk Wylde - Low GBZWLO 011 014 018 DY36 DY52 DY70.

I know certain songs Zakk stays in standard tuning and only drops the low string down to B.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have the 60. The 70 doesn't even fit into some tuners....It is really ridiculous.

Comment

A couple people on the Carvin board also have been complaining about that issue with the heavier strings going through Sperzel tuners.
          I actually used 10-56 when I had my Ibanez 7-string and, while I never had a problem putting the string through and tuning up, I did have a problem getting the string out when going to put on new strings.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Those are too heavy IMHO and can do some serious damage to your guitar neck unless you set it up properly. I use 10-70 on my 7 string dropped to Eb. The rest of my guitars are set up with heavy 9's or light 10's. Custom gauge of course.

Comment

If you want to play bass buy a fucking bass guitar! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

haha, i use the 60 ones. i really can't go back, i dunno why, the smaller gauges feel like spagetti (sp) noodles to me now and i always miss the strings

Comment

Working...
                X