In need of assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In need of assistance

it's time to replace the pots and the switch in the old geetar. They've done me well for 12 years.

I have a 94-95 Dinky Reverse. I know the tone a volume are 500k pots. And i need the 3 way switch. I want to get the good CTS and/or Switchcraft components. My problem is that once I start looking for this stuff online I get all freakin' confused. Is there any chance someone could give me a site link AND the exact pots and switch I need?

I just know that if I order it without asking Murphy's Law will kick in and I'll order the wrong stuff, LOL.

Any help is appreciated.
    My Toys:
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
    '94 Dinky HX in Black
    '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
    it's time to replace the pots and the switch in the old geetar. They've done me well for 12 years.

I have a 94-95 Dinky Reverse. I know the tone a volume are 500k pots. And i need the 3 way switch. I want to get the good CTS and/or Switchcraft components. My problem is that once I start looking for this stuff online I get all freakin' confused. Is there any chance someone could give me a site link AND the exact pots and switch I need?

I just know that if I order it without asking Murphy's Law will kick in and I'll order the wrong stuff, LOL.

Any help is appreciated.
    The pots should be 500k audio taper for both vol and tone. I replaced these in my DK2 a few months ago with CTS parts, nice upgrade by the way. Sorry, I'm not much help on the 3-way.
    My gear -> 2004 Jackson DK2 EDS, JT580LP trem, SD Custom Shop Crazy 8 trembucker (bridge), SSL-2 Vintage rw/rp (middle) and SSL-6 Custom (neck) single coils, CTS pots, 5-way super switch with custom wiring, GHS Boomers TNT 10-52, ENGL Powerball E645 V2 head, ENGL Custom Footswitch Z-5, Framus FR 212 CS cab

Comment

Ok. I did some more looking and found these.
      http://www.guitarelectronics.com/product/CPC500

The Dinky's don't need the longer shafted pots right?

And this 3way switch. http://www.guitarelectronics.com/product/SWL31 should be the one I need?

i know it seems like I'm asking for my hand to be held in the purchasing process but I just rather buy the right stuff the first time.
      My Toys:
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
      '94 Dinky HX in Black
      '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
        Ok. I did some more looking and found these.
        http://www.guitarelectronics.com/product/CPC500

The Dinky's don't need the longer shafted pots right?

And this 3way switch. http://www.guitarelectronics.com/product/SWL31 should be the one I need?

i know it seems like I'm asking for my hand to be held in the purchasing process but I just rather buy the right stuff the first time.
        Those are the right pots, same ones I put in my DK2. If your Dinky is MIJ, then be aware that the shaft diameter of the CTS pots is slightly bigger than on the original Japanese pots. I simply used a hand reamer that you can get at any hardware store to slowly open the holes. It's easier (and safer) than trying to drill the holes. You don't really get to the point that you are removing any wood, as far as I could tell I only removed the paint that had filled in around the holes. I'd guess I removed maybe a 1/16th of an inch of paint at most. Then the pots just slid right in.

I believe that's the correct switch, maybe someone else can verify. Main thing to check is the spacing between the screw holes.
        Last edited by cbope; 05-02-2007, 11:44 AM.
        My gear -> 2004 Jackson DK2 EDS, JT580LP trem, SD Custom Shop Crazy 8 trembucker (bridge), SSL-2 Vintage rw/rp (middle) and SSL-6 Custom (neck) single coils, CTS pots, 5-way super switch with custom wiring, GHS Boomers TNT 10-52, ENGL Powerball E645 V2 head, ENGL Custom Footswitch Z-5, Framus FR 212 CS cab

Comment

Working...
        X