X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Rose Sizes?

Is there one standard Floyd Rose size?

Re: Floyd Rose Sizes?

and what is the standard size nut for jacksons the 1 11/16 ?

Comment

No.
      Yes. Ok, its an R3.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckracer:
        No.
        Yes. Ok, its an R3.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, I got bit by this one too. For some reason, R3 is 1 - 11/16" narrow spacing, and R4 is 1 - 11/16" wide spacing.

From what I read somewhere (I think the warmoth or carvin website), R3 is for a bound neck, R4 is for an unbound neck.

And I found it does matter. Sorry to butt in, but hope that helps.

Comment

thanks , thats my one gripe with my soloist, they used a wide space nut on it & the E's are almost on the binding.
          can U still get the type that bolt thru the neck?

Comment

Originally posted by j2379:
            thanks , thats my one gripe with my soloist, they used a wide space nut on it & the E's are almost on the binding.
            can U still get the type that bolt thru the neck?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think the nuts haven't actually changed: the holes that are used to top-mount a nut to the neck are actually threaded and can accept a bolt from the underside.

Comment

Originally posted by The Machine:
              From what I read somewhere (I think the warmoth or carvin website), R3 is for a bound neck, R4 is for an unbound neck.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Carvin use R3 for Floyd locking nuts, and they don't have bound necks. Nut spacing is 1 11/16.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

So is there a 1 11/16" Floyd nut that has 1 5/8" string spacing? Or do the R3 & R4 nuts both have 1 11/16" string spacing just different outer edge widths? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Look here:

http://www.fender.com/products/show....tno=1996811100

Comment

Too bad they don't have a R3 with a 15" radius. That would be perfect for me...

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon:
                      Look here:

http://www.fender.com/products/show....tno=1996811100
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Interesting. The string spacing is only .03mm different between an R3 and R2, but even on a 1 11/16" neck, an R2 nut makes the neck feel slimmer for some reason [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                      My Warrior Pro has an R2 nut (supposed to be R3) and I just swapped out the nut on my Soloist Pro for an R2 as well and got the same results. The radius is off, of course, but I can probably even it up with saddle shims, though raising the trem a bit seems to be good enough. The action's still nice and low [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      Had to shim the nut, though, as the ends were too low.

Newc
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                      X