Gig Bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gig Bags

Not really tech related but what soft gig bags would people recommend. I'm looking for one for my dinky. I see a lot of them that are all exactly the same, most are to big for the guitar as there made as general gig bags and not specifically for strat shapes. Also most of them i see have barley any padding, i know if you want proper protection you get a hardcase but my mates gig bag for his V has plenty stiff padding that protects it well.

the thickest, toughest, bag you can find. i don't remember what Co. made them but they were called the Rock Bag. and i've seen other companie's versions that seemed comperable aswell.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

look up road runner bags, those things are awesome.
      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I have one of those rock bags. I'd recommend it. Good thick padding and plenty room for your odds and ends. It is not a perfect fit for any guitar but it holds my soloists well. They let you strap the headstock down so it won't move around much too.

Comment

alright the rockbag by warwick looks pretty sturdy, cheers guys

Comment

never use gigbags, hardcases all the way
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
              never use gigbags, hardcases all the way
              ... as long as you have "transportation" of your gear by car/truck/van, hard cases are fine. If you have to travel by public trans or walking, hard cases suck. I use gig bags most of the time, hard cases when required (travel by air, etc.).
              My gear -> 2004 Jackson DK2 EDS, JT580LP trem, SD Custom Shop Crazy 8 trembucker (bridge), SSL-2 Vintage rw/rp (middle) and SSL-6 Custom (neck) single coils, CTS pots, 5-way super switch with custom wiring, GHS Boomers TNT 10-52, ENGL Powerball E645 V2 head, ENGL Custom Footswitch Z-5, Framus FR 212 CS cab

Comment

Working...
              X