EMG HZ Pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG HZ Pickups

I'm getting interested in the EMG HZ pickups. Does anybody got'em? What can you tell me about their sound?

Re: EMG HZ Pickups

I may sound stupid, but i see it that way:
    if you want to go with EMGs, go for active pickups,
    if you want to go the passive route, choose Seymour Duncan or DiMarzio.
    Just my opinion, though.

Comment

2Loud2Old is quite the fan of EMG-HZ pickups. He'll tell you that EMG-HZs blow away the Duncan Designed pickups, and in a few respects, even the Seymour Duncans. He describes the EMG-HZ3 (or was it the HZ4?) as having the crunch and tone of the Seymour Duncan Distortion but with a more powerful bottom end.

Comment

I heard those HZs are pretty good, never tried them, though. I did have a pair of the EMG Select passives at one time in one of my Dinkies... they were okay, but very dark and bassy sounding, and they were Korean made.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I say, "go ahead and try 'em!" Then give us YOUR review. I'm a fan of things that are a little different than the norm. Nothing against Dimarzio or Duncan-I own guitars with both and they are great, but everyone and their mom had a duncan distortion or Tone Zone pickup. I'm pretty sure EMG wouldn't sell them at that price if they weren't a quality pickup. I never used the Selects, but they are what they are-25 DOLLAR KOREAN PICKUPS! Stewmac sells the HB's for around 75 I think-competitive with most of the SD and Dimarzios. If you end up not liking them, put them on ebay or in the classified forum and make a good portion of yur money back.

Comment

Hey morbid!

Download both the mp3's that I posted in this thread: http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...c;f=9;t=000408

It's two of the songs from my bands first demo!
            I used my DXMG with stock HZ-3! My guítar is the one that souds a bit warmer during the lead sections.

I guess that maybe "Area 51" would be the best choice for you to hear how it sounded!

Both of us (we are two guitarists) do rhythm as well as lead guitar, and I must say that I love the rhtythm sound that I managed to get from the HZ's and my Ibanez SM7 dist pedal. Totally fucking killer! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Please feel free to comment on the songs if you like what you hear! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Anders
            https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Working...
            X