question about namm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about namm

I never been to a namm convention, i only heard of it a couple years back. I went to check if there will be an summer namm in 07, and seen where it states trade only not open to public. My question is namm only fo the suit and tie monkey men running the music instrument company/music stores, or is it open to the public. Or do you have to 'know somebody'(kiss someones ass to get in). is it like those 5 day concerts where you can buy tickets just for certain days, or the whole package. Also is there like a basic package with certain restrictions and a all access package. basically is it actually worth going to or just wait till the products actually come out.
    thanks

From what I understand they are primary for dealers and are closed to the public. Though if you know the right people you may be lucky enough to get a pass. But this is all just speculation on my part. I am sure that someone that has actually been there may be able to give you a better answer.

Comment

You need to get a pass from someone in the industry, but the two i've been to were pretty cool, lots of one offs etc, and the occassional 80's hair band guy!

Comment

Yeah, I highly recommend it too, if you can get in. They are HUGE!!!! and have alot of booths set up from the "big boys" all the way down to smaller companies.

The ones that I have gone to took a day and a half to check everything interesting out. Granted I would stop along the way to talk to people and speak with the famous guys, but if you are into music it will be a real experience for ya.

Comment

NAMM is supposed to be trade only. They're held twice a year and this is where all the manufactures show their product lines to dealers, distributors and press.

Picture the worlds largest music store with lots of rock stars walking around. If you can finagle you're way in to one, the show is pretty cool.
          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

If it's for trade only why so many artists giving autographs?

Comment

Why not? Can dealers, distributors and press not be fans?

Comment

Artists are there because it's part of their endorsement deals. Helps create excitement about the line, which in turn sells more product.
                Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Exactly!

Like MattsMusicCenter says........Because the artists work the manufacturers booths and draw crowds of store owners or owners of store chains etc to the booths.

Many many deals and purchases and gear orders are done on the floor, at dinner, in the bars etc.

It's all part of the business of selling gear, from the manufacters to the stores and shops to the fans.

I'm just a fan and have gone a few times. It's a blast!

Working on finiding your way in.....you wont regret it!
                  Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
                  Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

you figure namm and e3 shows would be open to everyone especially since its the customers who buy the products, and has better judgements on what product is good and what is not. This would help dealers know what to sell and what not to sell. and save them money from buying from manufacturer and then the product doesnt sell. its basic common sense but i guess this generation only cares about profit over quality and common sense

Comment

Originally posted by garykeller15 View Post
                      you figure namm and e3 shows would be open to everyone especially since its the customers who buy the products, and has better judgements on what product is good and what is not. This would help dealers know what to sell and what not to sell. and save them money from buying from manufacturer and then the product doesnt sell. its basic common sense but i guess this generation only cares about profit over quality and common sense
                      The point of NAMM is to get dealers in to see there product, think tis great and carry it. Plus if it was open to the public it would be a mob scene.

Comment

Originally posted by garykeller15 View Post
                        "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Working...
                        X