EMG eq accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG eq accessories

I've read a lot about different EMG eq circuits on Harmony Central. Last night I installed an EXG in my sl2h with 85(b) and 60(n). So far I like it, but I have to try it for a longer time to make up my mind. I wondered if you EMG users use other accessories offered by EMG. I also have PA2 and Pi2 laying around, so sooner or later they going to have their own chance.
    How does that phase inverter sound?
    Any opinions welcome.

Re: EMG eq accessories

I have a PA2 installed in my AT pro.Still I don't know if I like it or not! [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

It gives a nice overdrive with some amps,but it can be pretty noisy.I think that I'll take another one for the JS30RR,I want to see how it works with Jackson pups.At the moment I've GAS for these small emg accessories so...

Comment

I have the EMG-EXG Guitar Expander on my RG560 equipped with 81/S/S pickups. The EXG replaces the tone control on this guitar. It REALLY adds a sort of "acoustic" like tone to the clean sound, but I find that it blows for the distorted sound. It kinda makes the 81 sound more spiked like a single coil... it's kinda strange. And, it's a little noisy like all EMG accessory controls I've read about, especially on the distortion channel of your amp.

Comment

I've never tried any of their circuits, but I'm interested. I also like the fact that most of them can be used with passive pickups, even the circuits they advertise for bass will work in regular guitars! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I'm mostly interested in the midboosters like the VMC or SPC, but I recently got a Chandler Tone X control that I put in my Warrior. It's basically the guts of a wah pedal mounted on a pot... you pull the pot up and it gives you a boost, and you turn the pot to sweep from high to low like a wah pedal (or leave it in anywhere in between for a fixed wah pedal setting). That thing kicks ass!!!!

John (Cleveland Metal) uses the PA2 in his EMG-equipped guitars and loves it!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've got a Fusion that had a total hack of a wiring job when I got it. I yanked the pups and replaced them with an 81/SA/SA set and am waiting on an EXG circuit to go with the SPC that's already in there. I figure with a mid-boost and a mid-cut it'll be like the Steven Wright line about getting a humidifier and a dehumidifier for Christmas then putting them in a room and letting them fight it out. Well, that or it'll be like the David Gilmour Strat setup but with an 81 at the bridge instead of the 3rd SA. I'll let you know what I think when I get it up and going.
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I use a pa2 in all& a rpc in some of my EMG loaded guitars. THe PA2 should not be turned all the way up that give a 20 db boost to much for most amps 1/2 is more than enough.RPC adds highs to give a bit of sparkel to the 81 or 85. I also have a the mid boost but don't have it in any guitar because the PA2 give me enough of a boost.

Comment

I had a PA-2 installed on my RR and never really used it much. Somehow the toggle switch got busted and I just hot wired it to stay in the off position. I was going to replace it, but just decided I really didnt care for it that much.

Don

Comment

Working...
              X