• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electricians Tape on Pickups...

What's the point?
    Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
    Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
    Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

when he dive bombs, the strings won't get caught up on the sides of the pick-up
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Ohhh, I see, makes sense now

Comment

your welcome!
        "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I didn't know that. Cool.
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

You've got to be pretty unlucky to have that happen tho'. Never happened to me even once.

But I figure that if it WOULD happen, then I'd make sure to keep those pickups taped up after that.

Comment

only around an extended adjustable hex screw pole like on the Super Dist have I had an occasional problem with the string grapping the threads when doing deep bar drops.

Comment

Never happened to me either. But I have had a string caught under a fret-end!
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                  Never happened to me either. But I have had a string caught under a fret-end!
                  Come to think of it, I've done that too!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                    You've got to be pretty unlucky to have that happen tho'. Never happened to me even once.

But I figure that if it WOULD happen, then I'd make sure to keep those pickups taped up after that.
                    You would think, but it just happened to me, a few weeks, back. At least it was at rehearsal, and not during a gig, cause I had NO IDEA what the hell happened to my guitar! Took me a few seconds till I realized that the lower-E had snagged up on the neck pickup. Suddenly, Dime's idea made sense! hehe.
                    I'm not Ron!

Comment

Dime was a true legend
                      Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Originally posted by Special-K View Post
                        Dime was a true legend
                        Amen!

Comment

i thought something to henrik, holy shit!!!!!!!

COOL!!!!!

i would assume it happened to him once at a gig and was kicking himself in the ass for it, thus his idea was born. which reminds me of a story..........

a kid at GC bought a dime-o-flame ML, he looked at the guitar. BAM he ripped the tape right off, i immediately responded, after looking at his shirt(Darrel Abbot's picture) "you aren't a real fan". so he looked at me and said "stupid Japanese people left a piece of tape on my guitar."

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                            i thought something to henrik, holy shit!!!!!!!

COOL!!!!!

i would assume it happened to him once at a gig and was kicking himself in the ass for it, thus his idea was born. which reminds me of a story..........

a kid at GC bought a dime-o-flame ML, he looked at the guitar. BAM he ripped the tape right off, i immediately responded, after looking at his shirt(Darrel Abbot's picture) "you aren't a real fan". so he looked at me and said "stupid Japanese people left a piece of tape on my guitar."
                            Whoa, what a loser!

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                              after looking at his shirt(Darrel Abbot's picture) "you aren't a real fan".
                              You actually told someone "you aren't a real fan" ?

Comment

Working...
                              X