Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compare this tuning stability with an OFR...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compare this tuning stability with an OFR...

Hi, I got new strings and set up my Jackson JT580LP bridge. When I dive bomb, the strings go flat by around 5-10 cents. Compare that to when you dive bomb on an OFR. I'm curious.

thanks

EDIT:
    My 'set-up' included:
    -The baseplate being 100% parallell.
    -(using a Schaller nut)
    -Intonating
    -Checking the Truss rod (it was good)
    -put the action on 1.5mm (factory spec)
    -Whammying the hell out of the strings then stretching in front of AND behind the nut.
    -Putting Vaseline on the JT580LP's knife Edges :P
    -Using 4 springs (and 10-46 strings)
    -etc///
    Last edited by Mario8672; 04-28-2007, 03:43 PM.
    Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
    Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
    Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Don't use vaseline. Check your knife edges, they may be worn, also your posts that the knife edges rock on could be worn also. Vaseline is not a good lubricant for moving parts.

Pete

Comment

the strings were not stretched to their full. my jt580lp does not go out of tune, if it does my a cent or two at the most.

the vaseline, enlighten me what purpose does this serve. my trem clicks violently, does this solve the issue?
      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

nut sack, damn double post
        "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I don't get how do double posts happen?

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
            the strings were not stretched to their full. my jt580lp does not go out of tune, if it does my a cent or two at the most.

the vaseline, enlighten me what purpose does this serve. my trem clicks violently, does this solve the issue?
            You've probably got a crack on the knife edges or the post. It helps 'fill in the cracks'. (according to a tech I asked.)
            Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
            Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
            Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

pressing enter twice some time will do the trick, but i posted and the forum rejected it and i posted it again to realize that indeed the post had gone through the first time.

Comment

You will not see any major difference in tuning stability between the OFR and the JT580POS...UNTIL the knife edges start to go. After that: gg 580POS. I would expect the upgraded version on the "2006" Pro series to last longer though.

But you also have the added issues of saddle angle and trem bar looseness and whatnot (although those are sort of dependent on personal taste).

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
                  Vaseline is not a good lubricant for moving parts.

Pete
                  Uh, Pete, depends on the parts, at least that's what she told me.
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

i was going to say that, but i refrained myself.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                      Uh, Pete, depends on the parts, at least that's what she told me.
                      Heh. Using it on metal parts is a bad idea IMHO... I have heard of guys using a TINY bit of chapstick, but I don't think vaseline works well to fill in the cracks, as posted earlier in the thread. Insert your own 'fill in the cracks' joke here.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                        ... i refrained myself.
                        I don't think that's proper English, but that's a funny use of words nonetheless.

- E.
                        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

did i mention i am 97.555932908473928 percent mexican, the only anglo thing about me is my green eyes.

Comment

Working...
                          X