Locking trem for a #3 guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locking trem for a #3 guitar

I'm not a big guitar collecter, so my guitars get a lot of wear. The trem on my '86 Model 4...the knife edges are shot. Since it's my number 3 guitar, I'm not inclined to spend on a Floyd Rose since it gets the least stage and recording time.

Seeing that it's dead last in the pecking order, who comes in after Floyd Rose? Ping? Somebody else?

Ping is supposedly as good as an OFR, and is the only licensed trem that is allowed to have Floyd Rose on it. dunno how true it is, but ive read a few posts in other forums wherre people are very happy with them. i wanna try one out myself.
    My metal band Lucian Scott
    Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
    Available Now!
    New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Originally posted by atilla View Post
      I'm not a big guitar collecter, so my guitars get a lot of wear. The trem on my '86 Model 4...the knife edges are shot. Since it's my number 3 guitar, I'm not inclined to spend on a Floyd Rose since it gets the least stage and recording time.

Seeing that it's dead last in the pecking order, who comes in after Floyd Rose? Ping? Somebody else?
      Is it an 86 or 87 Model 4? I had an 86 Model 4, new (was my graduation gift), and it had a Kahler. I'd suspect your is an 87'. If it IS, then it would have the Jackson JT6 trem (Could also be that you have a late-86' model, as they were transitioning out of the Kahlers). Is this correct? If it IS, you may want to talk to some of the lads, here, that have JT6-equipped guitars, on what you should do. It MAY just be a matter of having the the knife edges re-sharpened, saving you some dough.
      I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
        Is it an 86 or 87 Model 4? I had an 86 Model 4, new (was my graduation gift), and it had a Kahler. I'd suspect your is an 87'. If it IS, then it would have the Jackson JT6 trem (Could also be that you have a late-86' model, as they were transitioning out of the Kahlers). Is this correct? If it IS, you may want to talk to some of the lads, here, that have JT6-equipped guitars, on what you should do. It MAY just be a matter of having the the knife edges re-sharpened, saving you some dough.
        Sorry, I forgot about this thread! I'm pretty sure it's an '87...it has the sharkie inlays. I'm pretty sure it's the JT6. It's definitely got a Jackson stamp on it.

Comment

I'm upgrading the JT-6 on one of my Model 2's to an Original Floyd. If you can't find one of those at a reasonable price (psssttttt...try any of this websites sponsoring dealers for very reasonable prices on new ones), then I would look for a Jackson/Charvel badged Schaller Floyd like this one. You can normally find them fairly often for a reasonable price on eVil Bay.
          http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-German-m...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

I would propably just spend the money on a real floyd, and don't have to worry about another breaking trem.

Comment

Working...
            X