Natural finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural finish

I've just taken delivery of a used Hamer Centaura which has had the finish on the body stripped to the wood. I was wondering what I should use to protect the wood. Can I use linseed oil or wax like they use on Warwick basses.
    Any advice?

Oh and here is a pic of her (not my pic I pinched it off the ebay auction).

Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

The only thing that looks disturbing is that the wood looks stained down by the armrest and bridge probably from oily skin! I wood try to "clean up" that area first. I think if I had that I'd try maybe some colored wood dye (from Stew Mac) and give it a nice opaque type color and then maybe even a satin clearcoat. That would be really cool.
    Guitars:
    Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
    1988 Model 2,
    Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
    RR3
    Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
    1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
    2005 SG Special

Comment

Originally posted by jrnic View Post
      The only thing that looks disturbing is that the wood looks stained down by the armrest and bridge probably from oily skin! I would try to "clean up" that area first. I think if I had that I'd try maybe some colored wood dye (from Stew Mac) and give it a nice opaque type color and then maybe even a satin clearcoat. That would be really cool.
      got a little carried away,

depending on how long it has been left unsealed, i think you need to give it a nice sanding and clean it up a bit. i think you should think about doing a clear coat, instead of linseed oil. it will protect the body better.
      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Working...
      X