FR Pro and F-Spaced Pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR Pro and F-Spaced Pickups

Heres one for all your tech gurus out there. If i'm using a a FR Pro (small width between strings) should i buy F-Spaced Pickups or regular pickups.

And another thing, when you buy humbuckers from dimarzio, what do you get with them? Just the bucker or all the wiring ect needed?

i dunno about the spacing, But I know that Dimarzio gives you a fair amount of lead wire, and also Instructions.

that I never looked at lol
    Out Of Ideas

Comment

Both have long enough leads you can put them in a L.P. no problem.
      A floyd pro is a standard floyd spacing just like an OFR.Reg spaced pickups work fine in a guitar with an OFR .The Jackson JT-6 is a reg spaced trem so use reg spaced pickups.On a floyd equipped guitar if you use a reg spaced pickup the high and low E strings will be a little outside of the pickups high and low E pole pieces.Works fine just looks off a little which does not bother me at all.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

According to FR website the pro has string spacing of 0.400" and the regular .420" I'm asking because if the f-spaced pick-ups are designed specifically for floyd roses i might as well get them as i'm buying new anyway.

If anyone knows a bit about wiring it will be a real help. I plan on buying 2 dimarzio humbuckers and putting them in my dk2m. The dk2m has a standard 3 way level switch with 8 lugs on it. Does anyone have a wiring diagram with this situation supposing i want to have
        position 1: neck Humbucker
        Position 2: neck and bridge coil tapped with the inside coils.
        Position 3: bridge pick-up

And that i've removed the tone control from the guitar. I find navigating around dimarzio's website a pain in the butt for wiring diagrams.

Comment

guitarelectronics.com F-spaced means Fender spaced which is compatable with the OFR.I had an OFR low pro and could see no difference in the string spacing between it and OFR.

Comment

Originally posted by thesoloist View Post
            If anyone knows a bit about wiring it will be a real help. I plan on buying 2 dimarzio humbuckers and putting them in my dk2m. The dk2m has a standard 3 way level switch with 8 lugs on it. Does anyone have a wiring diagram with this situation supposing i want to have
            position 1: neck Humbucker
            Position 2: neck and bridge coil tapped with the inside coils.
            Position 3: bridge pick-up
            I had the inside coils wired up on my Carvin SC90 (Gibson-type toggle), with a DiMarzio Super Distortion and Super 2, but I had to buy the special "Petrucci" switch from DiMarzio in order to do that. I guess you could maybe do it with the blade switch, but you'd be best off emailing or calling DiMarzio to help you out.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i'm going to get one of those super switches from stewmac to replace my 3 way because on dimarzios website they have a 5 way setting using one involving 2 humbuckers. basically its pickup 1, inside coils parallel, outside coils series, inside coils parallel, pickup 2. I guess it would give me even more options and i wouldn't have to drill to put another switch in.

Comment

The Floyd Rose Pro does indeed have narrower string spacing. The mounting stud distance is the same. You can see on the pics below, the Pro version has more room between the edge of saddle to the mount stud. Since the spacing isn't too different, you should probably use F spaced pickups with the Pro version.

OFR:

FR Pro:

Comment

Sho nuff

Comment

Working...
                  X