model 4 pups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• model 4 pups?

Was just changing the saddles on the Kahler in my model 4, and just for curiosity's sake, I pulled out the middle SC. I had assumed they were j-200's, but they are only labled as "model 4 middle". The bridge pup is the same way (except it say model 4 bridge). THey have nothing to identify a model number for the pups. ANybody know what they are?

Re: model 4 pups?

The original specs say the Model 4 as well as the Model 6 had two J-200 "dual coil bi-level humbucking pickups" and one J-50BC humbucker in the bridge.
    Sometimes there's a little sticker that tells the actual type of pickup, and sometimes I've seen the "Model 4 & 6" on the sticker as well - which probably made it easier for those who assembled them.
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Re: model 4 pups?

You are proably right, I just wondered if the '86 models may have been slightly different. Also if it makes any difference, the pups do mot have the raised Jackson logo on them, theymay have originally had the screened one, but have since worn off.

Comment

Working...
      X