Breathe new life into your worn EMGs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breathe new life into your worn EMGs!

I picked up this old-school set of EMG's off eBay this week... they just got here today. TONS of playing wear on the 81, as expected... the S wasnt that bad. So I said hey, lets see if we cant get these looking a little better!

Before:

After:

Was really easy to do... Using a palm sander:
    1- 100 grit JUST until all wear marks are gone
    2- 220 grit to remove deep scratches from 100 grit, until smooth and uniform
    3- 400 wet
    4- 800 wet
    5- Polish with your choice of compounds... I used an orbital buffer and they came out GREAT!

Not a bad option for about a half an hour of work! I can live without the EMG logo... but not without the EMG sound.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Good job You can also add an EMG logo imo. But I don't know how!
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

have you got any recommendations to restore a POD to its original scratch-free, ding-free condition? Was thinking automotive paint, but dont know which version of red to use. There are paint chips on the body.
      Sam

Comment

You sanded all the MOJO off. They will sound like EMG selects now.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Nah, I just made it so I can add mojo of my own.
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Nice job!
            Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

J/K thats not a bad idea really they look a lot better.You could silk screen the logo back on.What would be cool is come up with a different color for the logo so nobody could figure out what EMGs you have.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Use Letraset rub on text to replace th EMG logos if you wish. A drop of matte nail polish wish protect the lettering.

Comment

Any body ever seen a clear EMG? Like, transparent so you can see the actual pickup coils/bars or whatever? That'd be cool...

Comment

Wow, really nice work!
                    As to the POD, I think you should do an EVH R/W/B finish on it. That would look pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
                      As to the POD, I think you should do an EVH R/W/B finish on it. That would look pretty cool.
                      Now we need a "custom pod generator"
                      Check my bands!
                      www.myspace.com/magicktr
                      www.myspace.com/sinif64
                      www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Working...
                      X