Mahogany neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mahogany neck

My first electric guitar was a cheap copy of a Charvel black/body binding strat with a flat top face. It has a mahogay neck with rosewood fingerboard. I haven't seen a mahogany neck before. How good are they, in comparison with other wood necks, if they are good? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Mahogany neck

Mahogany is quite a common wood used for necks. Many acoustic guitars use mahogany, and the SL2H-MAH is mahogany necked, if I remember right. So is the SLSMG and possibly some of the other Soloists.

Comment

Originally posted by morbid:
      It has a mahogay neck
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I didn't notice that before. I don't have GAYDAR like you do. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by morbid:
          It has a mahogay neck
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oops! I didn't, though my guitar did. [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Mr. orthography RacerX strikes again. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Mahogany is very stable for a neck. It's not as hard as maple, but it's still a good choice (plus, it won't be as bright and will add a little more warmth to the tone compared to maple). Look at most of the Les Pauls out there with mahogany necks. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] My Jackson JJP and Hamer Special are all mahogany, and they sound awesome!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks Number of the priest, cuz you remembered me that I read before about Alvarez acoustic and other acoustics that do have mahogany necks. What I haven't seen before it's mahogany necks, on electric guitars. Remember, newbie things.

I should specify that before somebody start to think that I'm a stupid too. (deja-vu) [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

PRS's Custom 22/24 & Santana models are a few other well-known guitars with mahogany necks.
                Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Oh it's good, my cheapy guitar got at least one thing good. The body it's a crappy plywood one, so I will verify the heel measure to see if I can use on a model 2 body I have. Would it be a good marriage?

Comment

Depends on the scale lengths/overhang/# of frets. You would have to measure all of it out.

Comment

Working...
                    X