How do Jackson basses compare to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do Jackson basses compare to...

When i played bass years ago,i played rics,how do jacksons compare? i kinda want a bass just for laying down tracks to give the guys ideas on originals and goof'n around with.
    www.thejimmyhatz.com

Jackson Basses

Dude, you are on the Jackson/Charvel forum so what do you expect. I have owned a Jackson bass for 20 years, and nothing, I mean nothing, can touch it. For BASS players, it is hot, looks killer, plays well, etc. The best bass guitar ever made. I wish they would go back and make bass guitars like they used to - we're players too!

Comment

i don't know man those rics have a good rep
      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Jacksons are decent... they don't beat rics tho.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

i had a ric and i loved it but the neck was way different than my jacksons. the ric was very thin and flat. the jacksons and charvels i have feel better (to me). that's why i still have thej/c and not the ric! lol the ric had a twangier,(is that a word?) lol, sound. i have some jacksons with the j2000 electronics and some with emgs and i like those better than the ric tones when i record. besides, ric cost about twice what you can get a usa jackson bass. even better bargin is the model series charvels 86-89
          The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Originally posted by peabuddy View Post
            i had a ric and i loved it but the neck was way different than my jacksons. the ric was very thin and flat. the jacksons and charvels i have feel better (to me). that's why i still have thej/c and not the ric! lol the ric had a twangier,(is that a word?) lol, sound. i have some jacksons with the j2000 electronics and some with emgs and i like those better than the ric tones when i record. besides, ric cost about twice what you can get a usa jackson bass. even better bargin is the model series charvels 86-89
            Thanks,that the kind of info i was looking for. Yes "twangier" describes Ric's well(seems like you can only play Tom Petty on any Ric...)
            www.thejimmyhatz.com

Comment

Originally posted by davis_bass_player View Post
              Dude, you are on the Jackson/Charvel forum so what do you expect.
              Honest answers?
              www.thejimmyhatz.com

Comment

I think the Ric basses are better playing than the Jacksons as well. They seem more easy for some reason...............

Comment

A Ric will all ways be a different animal.A Ric is more a vintage tone.The wireing is way different the Rics have a 5 way jack for the Ric box.A stereo splitter of sorts so the tones are so different how can you compare them?
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

G&L 2000s..
                    are the ultimate bass..IMO!

In my 30 years of playing bass ..I've owned Kubicki, Warwick, Pedulla, Alembic, Ken Smith, Rics, P and J's, Ken Smith, Yamaha BB 300s, Sting Rays, Spectors, and Jackson..and ect.

I'll take a G&L 2000 over any the above..Ken Smith comes in second.

I love the classic look of a Ric..but they "buzz", the pups are weak, they are not very versatile and the action is unstable with climate changes..

Besides, they sound like shit when your slappin' them..
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Oh..I'd take a Ric over a Jackson tho..

I had import Jacksons as back up basses..because I didn't care too much if they got F'd up or stolen.
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

paul gilbert's bass player uses rics, his harmonies with paul sounds awesome, but of course the bass is overdriven
                        "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I've never really seen anyone use Jackson basses. I always figured that was for a reason...

Never played one, nor do I have an oppinion on Jackson basses, but Ric's are awsome playing insturments, but a tad high priced.

Comment

Honest Answers

Originally posted by Harry Krisna View Post
                            Honest answers?

Okay, my Jackson sounds and feels better than anything I have ever played. Now, I spent $2100 on a custom in 1987 so, yes, it is an honest answer.

Comment

G&L

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                              G&L 2000s..
                              are the ultimate bass..IMO!

In my 30 years of playing bass ..I've owned Kubicki, Warwick, Pedulla, Alembic, Ken Smith, Rics, P and J's, Ken Smith, Yamaha BB 300s, Sting Rays, Spectors, and Jackson..and ect.

I'll take a G&L 2000 over any the above..Ken Smith comes in second.

I love the classic look of a Ric..but they "buzz", the pups are weak, they are not very versatile and the action is unstable with climate changes..

Besides, they sound like shit when your slappin' them..
                              What's funny is the first bass I played was a cheap G&L, but I loved it. You have piqued my interest in checking out the 2000.

Comment

Working...
                              X