Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body and neck question

Hi guys,

I'm having a custom guitar made by 2 people pretty much, one guy is doing the neck and the other might be doing the body because of how I'm having this project done. It's a bit wierd, I have a friend who can make me a custom killer neck, but might not have time to do the body. Which should I start with, having the neck built so the person building the body knows how to spec it out or vice versa? It's a kind of odd thing, almost based off the Jeff Loomis model (26.5" scale, 7 string) so I don't know how to start this off. Or would it be easier to just have one person do them both? Thanks for any help!

- Irfaan -

one person to do both, it will save a lot of headaches even if it will take a little longer. but if it is spec'd of the same guitar the two people should be able to make the two pieces on their own if they follow the specs correctly.
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I really wouldn't suggest 2 people ie it leaves room for a he/did he said situation. But if you must, have the neck built first and give it to the guy building the body to fit it correctly and align it when bridge is installed. Or I can build the whole thing if intrested, or @ least give you some input to help your build along, Good luck,Bro!

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys. I'll weigh in the options and see what I can do about this

Comment

Working...
        X