Tremolo Info Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tremolo Info Project

i was looking through it again...noticed a new picture under the OFR section which said "included a picture of a licensed or fake...beware!" and i looked and it was the Ping Floyd Rose, which is supposed to be the only Licensed trem Floyd allows to have his name on it, because it is so well made.

check out Axcessories (i think axcessories.com) they have them for sale. just thought id throw up some info on that
    My metal band Lucian Scott
    Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
    Available Now!
    New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Thanks for the heads up, soc_monki. I better remove the "fake" part then?

I remember we talked about this tremolo 2-3 years back and no one could determine if it was fake or licensed.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

well, its licensed...but Floyd supposedly watches them closely so the trems are pretty much an OFR. not sure how true that is, as ive never dealt with a Ping, but i may get one one day to put on my Dinky and ill compare it to my OFR. i heard the baseplate wasnt full hardened steel (read it on some Van Halen forum...someone had to drill the block mounting holes out because he was putting a different block on and OFR screws wouldnt fit...cant say for sure until i see one myself though).

and for the record, Ping makes the Floyd Speedloaders as well, and are the only company that Floyd is going to use (he said he isnt going to license the Speedloader design out like he did the OFR). so, maybe the Ping Floyd was a way of putting out his own licensed Floyd, and beating the competition by having a trem 99% as good as the original?

and no problem man...just thought since you went through the time to set up that page, and how much ive used it as a resource, i might try to contribute a little info
      Available Now!
      New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Comment

I have a speed loader and mine says made in germany.No Korean ping markings anywhere.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

really? weird...i swear i read an interview with Floyd who said Ping was making them. ill look for it and post it if i find it.
          Available Now!
          New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Comment

Maybe Ping is making the cheaper versions while the good ones on the expensive guitars are being made in germany?

Comment

does it really matter? as long as it works sheesh

Comment

Originally posted by soc_monki View Post
                really? weird...i swear i read an interview with Floyd who said Ping was making them. ill look for it and post it if i find it.
                Schaller still makes the Original and "real" Speedloader, as well as their own version. THis will likely stay that way for a little while still...

Ping makes the "Ping FR", which as mentioned is the only licensed trem with "Floyd Rose" stamped on it, and they´re AFAIK gearing up to do the same with Speedloaders

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus View Post
                  Schaller still makes the Original and "real" Speedloader, as well as their own version. THis will likely stay that way for a little while still...

Ping makes the "Ping FR", which as mentioned is the only licensed trem with "Floyd Rose" stamped on it, and they´re AFAIK gearing up to do the same with Speedloaders
                  i couldnt find the interview...oh well LOL

has anyone used a Ping Floyd? im tempted to try one out on my DX10, but i honestly cant find a lot of info or reviews. seems that if its such a good licensed Floyd, more people would know about them and use them?
                  Available Now!
                  New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Comment

If Im not mistaken, Floyd Just Sold off the company to Harmon Music- AKA BC Rich....

Comment

Hanser Music Group (HMG). They own BC Rich among others... http://www.hansermusicgroup.com/brands.html
                      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post
                        Hanser Music Group (HMG). They own BC Rich among others... http://www.hansermusicgroup.com/brands.html
                        Doh***
                        Thats what I meant... Hanser!!!
                        Dont know why I had Harmon music on my brain....
                        Guess due to the "new" Digitech stuff coming out at namm i was being told about today....

Comment

Working...
                        X