PC1 Trussrod question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC1 Trussrod question

Guys, I need to tweek the rod in my PC1 - hurray for the adjustment being at the head, but what size allen wrench do I need?

I can't seem to get any of mine to bite, and also, the string bar / G tuner seem to keep getting in the way!!
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Ian, Yours didn't come with one? They are supposed to from the factory.

It's a 3/16" ball allen like this: (the ball end allows you to pivot so you can angle around the string bar/G tuner)

Comment

Hmm - it didn't come with one, but I do have one. It doesn't fit. I can't get it to 'grab', even if I remove the string retainer bar....
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I easily adjusted mine with no problems, but used my own normal allen wrench to do it (and can't remember if I used one from my SAE (inch) set or my Metric set), then later noticed the one packed with the guitar. 3/16" translates to 4.7625mm. Some metric allen wrench sets come with a 4.5mm, check and see if you have that size and try it.

Comment

The screw is to deep and the hole is too small. I was able to adjust the trussrod with 3/16" standard size hex key without removing anything, though. Its possible!

Comment

Hell I do it all the time with a standard size 3/16", but after seeing that device the simplicity seems dreamy.

Comment

The Floyd string bar is in the way on both of my PC1 necks.
              I don't have to remove it, but I do have to loosen it up a bit.
              I use a regular 3/16" wrench.
              The one that ships with it is almost too long.
              -Rick

Comment

Working...
              X