Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worthwhile project?

WRXT in trans-blue (would cost me £355)
    DK2 in cobalt blue or black (would cost me anywhere between £250-£380)

I was thinking of taking all the hardware and neck off the DK2 and stick them on the WRXT. Even then that's still less than the cost of a WR1, so I was thinking of possibly installing an EMG 81/85 set (£169) to avert the potential crap sound imposed by the basswood body of the WRXT. I could then sell the DK2 body and discarded chrome hardware from the WRXT on ebay.

I did think of buying just a DK2 neck, but no-one sells them in the UK, be it on Shitbay or otherwise. Besides, I like the idea of black hardware.

Comments?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

as with any project, they aren't worth the money, but they sure are fun!
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

WRMG warrior interest you? You can sell the EMG pickups and get whatever pickups you want.

Comment

I've got a WRMG already. That's my "Mojo" guitar. I won't mod that one. I'm looking at having my first DIY experience with something I won't regret if I fuck it up.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
          the potential crap sound imposed by the basswood body of the WRXT.
          if that WRXT sounds like crap, it won't be because of the basswood, that I can assure you.
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I used "potential" in that there are threads on this forum where people think basswood has a poor effect on passive pickups.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
            X