Humidifier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humidifier?

i picked up my guitar today and my truss rod was loose. I called a local guitar store and they said it was because the weather and i should keep it in a room with a humidifier, and if i dont have one get a 35mm film canister and poke a hole in it also put a wet sponge in the canister stick the guitar in my case put the canister in there and it acts as a humidifier.
    has anyone ever heard such a thing.

Re: Humidifier?

Yup. I have 2 such makeshift humidors in my Taylor's case (in fact, I usually suspend them in the soundhole).

But here in PA, the winters don't get quite dry enough to mess with my necks. Over a few years, fret ends sometimes poke out a little, but that's it. So I'm not so anal about my electrics.

But still, good advice, IMO.

Comment

or go to walmart and buy a humidifier for $30. all the money i have in guitars is worth it. I have a whole house humidifier, but it doesnt do that great of a job in the basement, since there is only one vent.

dave

Comment

or go to walmart and buy a humidifier for $30. all the money i have in guitars is worth it. I have a whole house humidifier, but it doesnt do that great of a job in the basement, since there is only one vent.

dave

Comment

Loose how? Did it simply need to be tightened, or was it loose in it's cavity, and rattling?

Comment

Working...
          X