No announcement yet.

The wonderful san dimas strathead neck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The wonderful san dimas strathead neck.

The first time I felt one I had to have it.I was in a music store back in 1987 looking to trade in for something better I seen 2 used guitars on the wall one was kramer and the other appeared to be a white strat.Back then playing eighties music in a cover band there was no way I was going to buy one with three single coil pickups and vintage trem,but I picked it up anyway the neck was so increadible I could care less about brand name,back then people did.So I told him if he put this neck on that kramer body which had a floyd and one hum I would by it. He did and I have had it ever since. It never had a logo but thinking back it might have been a pre-pro.I remember the store owner saying it lookes like on of those old charvel necks which I could have cared less at the time it just felt so amazing and still does.I thought someday put it on a charvel body but why it has alot of memories and it fits in the neck pocket great,should it? To bad when I discovered that neck I didn't start my charvel quest.It wasn't until 1991 till looked into why the older charvels the pros use are written in gold and black and all the ones I see now are white. Only answers I got where black and gold are american and white is jap. If I only looked into it then when I knew, pawn shops etc. I would probably have purchased alot for great prices.It sucks because I remember wanting to do that back then but I made minimum wage and blew it off. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] Oct 1998 my new job had computer and internet access,thats when all the fun began.Mike

Re: The wonderful san dimas strathead neck.

Great story dude! As long as you enjoy the guitar, brand names don't matter...

Comment

Re: The wonderful san dimas strathead neck.

awww.... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
      X