Another Issue With the High E...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Issue With the High E...

..but this time on my Charvel. For reason when I play it, it will sustain for like a second or two and die out. It doesnt appear to be touching anything, though it is close to the 1st fret, it does clear it. So any idea what could be causing it? There was a "mod" done on it before I owned it, as the screw for the clamp on the 1st and 2nd strings stripped, and they put a bigger one in. ( http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...2/DCP_0914.jpg ). Neither seemed to sustain well, but it seemed worse today. Is this part of the problem?

The locking pad still may not have enough down pressure.The threads may be pulling loose.I suggest a new nut and pads.It could be the strings too.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
      The locking pad still may not have enough down pressure.The threads may be pulling loose.I suggest a new nut and pads.It could be the strings too.
      Strings are like 2 weeks old, so I'm also leaning towards the nut. I was probably going to replace it anyway as it looks kinda ugly, and needing to wrenches to change strings and adjust tunings is a pain. Wheres the best place to order one from?

Comment

Give Jacksonite a P.M. he could find you one.You need to take it off and see what size it is R 3 I would think.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
        X