Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Managed to ruin my Jackson trem today..best place to buy OFR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Managed to ruin my Jackson trem today..best place to buy OFR?

I was attempting to change the arm over to the AllParts screw on type and the threaded trem insert piece wouldn't screw out. After several minutes of jacking with it I broke the knife edge on the right side off. Arrghh!!! I was quite aggravated to say the least. Anyhoo, where is the best place to buy a OFR? Also, I see some sites say the new ones are made by Ping. Is there one to look out for and not buy? Thanks!

www.guitarpartsdepot.com has OFR's the cheapest around. But if you have a JT580 with the screw in trem arm, youd probably be better off witha Schaller... www.warmoth.com sells these cheap as well.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

No, I have the JT-6 that I was converting from the push in trem to a screw on type. I'll take a look at that web site. Thanks.

Comment

Also try Jacksonite and the other forum sponsoring JCF dealers. If I hadn't lucked into an OFR on eBay, Jacksonite would have gotten my money because he had the BEST price when I was shopping around for one.

Comment

Jacksonite would be my choice he gave me a great deal on a new OFR.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Nicks a great guy to work with-
            Im also a Floyd Rose dealer.
            Let me know if I can help.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
              Jacksonite would be my choice he gave me a great deal on a new OFR.
              Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
              Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
              Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

Working...
              X