Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Awesome realization I just had about floyd pros.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome realization I just had about floyd pros.

This really only pertains to anyone with a floyd pro who blocks the bridge and only uses it as a fixed bridge. I'm kicking myself for not realizing this earlier.

You can remove the string locking block and block screw from each saddle and just run the string throught the threaded screw hole, without having to bother with cut off the string balls. This is an especially great option if the screws are having trouble screwing into the threaded hole, due to thread stripping, over tightening or long-time usage. You won't have to bother replacing the saddles or bridge.

Unfortunetly this won't work with an original style floyd, since the locking screw for each saddle also serves the purpose of holding the saddle in place.

Another thing I do is screw the fine tuning screw of each saddle all the way down. This pushes the saddles almost all the way down to the bridge base, and it reduces the string ramp created by the saddles. Makes palming the bridge a lot more comfortable.

Any questions? Comments?

Re: Awesome realization I just had about floyd pros.

I had an Aria Dinky copy with some sort of bizarre Floyd thing that had 3 different ways to load the strings - through the bottom of the spring block like a Strat, through the back of the saddle posts under the fine tuners, and from the tuners to the saddles. The saddles had little locking hatches on top that you had to screw down to lock the strings.
    I loaded 'em up all 3 ways once (2 through the bottom, 2 from the tuners, and 2 through the back) - pissed off my brother's bass player when he went to change the strings [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: Awesome realization I just had about floyd pros.

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
      X