Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the neck supposed to be like this? or need truss rod adjustment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the neck supposed to be like this? or need truss rod adjustment?

Heya, this is a model 6 charvel, intonation and everything seems fine, but I think it might need a truss rod adjustment. I'm not sure if I should carry on with it because right now it plays fine. The only thing that I think this might be affecting is the kahler string locking system, because the low/bass strings lock and the others don't, and i'm not sure if this is attributable to the weirdness in the neck since the grooves might have been worn anyway. I've attached a top-down pic, is it better that I adjust the rod? or is it not a major enough problem to do so? thanks in adv.

the saddles on the behind the nut lock get grooves in them. you should replace them if they don't lock.
    www.fretsonthenet.com has them he is a member (budman68)
    if the action is fine don't mess with it.

Comment

i can't see crap from this angle i need more of a side view, by the way does the neck look twisted to anyone besides me.
      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

i was thinking it might be twisted, but that might be the neck being angled in the pocket as well. pic is a little fuzzy so its hard to tell. it looks like the neck is tilted along the whole thing, not just the close end.
        My metal band Lucian Scott
        Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
        Available Now!
        New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
          i can't see crap from this angle i need more of a side view, by the way does the neck look twisted to anyone besides me.

Yes. it does look like it has a twist.

-Nate
          Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

It looks low on the bass side at the nut.You could leave the wound strings on and tune the up a step to pull the neck up. take the others off and wrap a heating pad around the neck more toward the nut and see if heat will bring it back in line.This method works real well for me.
            Do keep a close eye on the neck movement and don't leave the heat on it for too long.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by soc_monki View Post
              i was thinking it might be twisted, but that might be the neck being angled in the pocket as well. pic is a little fuzzy so its hard to tell. it looks like the neck is tilted along the whole thing, not just the close end.
              oops, i didn't account for that, the neck IS angled at the body, the bass side of the fretboard is lower at the neck as well, it still did have a little bit of a twist even considering the angled neck (but not as significant as i thought initially) I used straycat's heating pad method for a little bit and it seems fine now thanks guys. I'm gonna get it evaluated just in case tomorrow.

Comment

yet another save by Stray, i would be scared half to death to wrap a heating pad on anything.
                "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I've done that to $5000.00 Les Pauls.
                  You may want to leave the 3 bass side strings pulling on the neck over night.Not real tight just enough to keep tension. That is if it moves back to where it was,if it stays it should be fine.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                  X