Switching floyd Rose to hardtail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching floyd Rose to hardtail

On a recessed schaller trem, is there any way to remove the floyd rose and use a hardtail bridge? it doesn't need to be pretty, but my bridge is really worn out, and rather than buy a new floyd which i would block anyway, I'd like to check out the other options.
    cheers
    john

Re: Switching floyd Rose to hardtail

I have a guitar that was converted from a Floyd to a tuneomatic. I'm not sure I understand the logic of the whole operation. If you dont use the Floyd block it, or get a different guitar. Surgery like this is really vandalism........

Comment

Agreed. If you simply must have a hardtail, sell the one you have for one you want, as the only way to convert it is to have a block specially made for the route, and then fill the edges/corners.
      It ruins a good guitar, so you may as well ditch it and get one that's already made as a hardtail.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have the floyd in my dinky blocked on both sides of the trem spring block, so it's completely unmovable(spl?). It works just fine.

I'd rather the guitar just have a hard tail bridge, but I'm not going to bother with the time, trouble, and cost to convert it. I really don't see any point in it.

Comment

okay thanks guys, you're probably right. It's just that I've been having a few problems with the floyd recently, screws wearing out, saddles etc, so I was just checking if there was another option.
          thanks [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X