Stickers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stickers

Is it possible that some kind of glue may damage the body paint?And what about the tone?Can a big sticker change the guitar's tone?
    I'm thinking to put a big Metallica (RTL) logo on my DR3,but I dunno if it will be ok for my axe!

Re: Stickers

Unless you put a few LAYERS of stickers, it's not going to hurt the tone of an electric. I don't know of any regular sticker adhesives that would harm the finish. For removal, use denatured alcohol to loosen the adhesive and clean it off.

Comment

Probably the worst that could happen, is that the finish on the guitar might fade, except for where the sticker is. I've seen it happen.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Don't put a sticker on your guitar.. except in very rare instances, stickers make a guitar look cheesy. It's like putting a bumper sticker on a 69 Camaro or something.

Comment

The finishes used on most guitars are so tough it is difficult to damage them with anything but furniture stripper or a chisel. Keep in mind, I fyou don't like the sticker, they can be a pain to take off. The fading thing will happen especially if it is a white guitar. And I agree, most stickers look cheesy. However, if you go to the Graphic Grafitti (sp?) website, you can order vinyl "stickers" that are really just rub-on transfers, and you can take them off with a hair dryer-no adhesives. They will send you a free sample, and they have a ton of designs. You can also send them a custom design and have it made for you. Check them out!

Comment

Too late I've already put it on! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            Usually I don't like stikers on guitars too.But in this case I thought it worth to try.And I'm happy with the result now.

This sticker has the transparent background,so it appears more like a graphic.I think I'll buy a little digital camera this week.I'll post some pics if I can.

Thanks for all your replies guys!

Comment

I hate stickers too, but I have one of those automitive window decals on one of my V's. It some random Chinese letters. Dunno WTF it means, don't care, it looks cool. From the right distance it looks painted, so there you go. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

What sort of sticker was it again? I've found Dead Kennedys stickers have decent tone. Some other band stickers will work too, but the key is to go for an obscure relatively unheard of band to make yourself seem more hardcore. You get too mainstream & you just look like a poser. Big band stickers on the back of the guitar are a good way to protect the finish from your wallet chain too.

Surf stickers can sound pretty good, but skate stickers will suck all the good tone out of your guitar, even if it's a really good one like an RG270. Super hero stickers can really give you muscular tone, but be cautious about which ones you use - Green Lantern or Ghost Rider on a black guitar sounds cool, but Power Puff Girls on a trans finish guitar is just gonna sound bad, dude.

oh, and car part stickers are always gonna make you sound like you're playing a Jagstang through a 15-watt Gorilla, no matter your setup.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

LOL @ Gary!

How's this for obscure?

(band name) ----> Partial Fucking Morons

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                    there site.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">their [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

rather than go to the gg site why not make your own sticker? you can buy vinyl sticker craft paper at walmart for a few dollars and with your p.c. find and print what you want then trim and stick. as said earlier vinyl comes off with a hair dryer so if you want to change the graphic its as simple as printing out another design and slappin it on. i have used this method on everything from guitars to $32,000 custom harleys cause the owners decide to apply a new look and dont want to pay for major expensive custom paint.
                      also if you decide you like it then you can clear over it with a high-build clear and cant feel the sticker or even tell it is a sticker( this is done alot with custom pinstripe and flames painted on bikes).

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by etaeniura:
                          if you go to the Graphic Grafitti (sp?) website, you can order vinyl "stickers" that are really just rub-on transfers, and you can take them off with a hair dryer-no adhesives. They will send you a free sample, and they have a ton of designs. You can also send them a custom design and have it made for you. Check them out!
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I always see them advertise in the back of all the guitar mags. Here's there site. http://www.ggstickers.com/

Comment

Working...
                          X