No announcement yet.

Complex wiring.. any help appreciated.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complex wiring.. any help appreciated.

I am about to embark on the most complex wiring job I have ever done. I'm sure to many here it is a walk in the park, so I will beg for advice.

Setup is follows:

2 dimarzio Humbuckers
    1 volume
    1 tone
    2 coil splitters (on-on), one for each pickup
    1 Kill switch (on-on)
    3 way toggle
    output jack

I realize this is alot to ask..If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would be forever grateful. I've looked at diagrams that were close, but I'm not sure how to combine them into this setup.

Thanks,

Rich

Re: Complex wiring.. any help appreciated.

Wow.. you make it sound easy! Can't wait to try, still waiting for 1 pickup to come.

BTW, I am a little confused by your following advice:

then take the 2 wires tied together from the pickup & wire them to a on/off switch grounding those 2 wires from the pickup that is tied together.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Do you mean, take the 2 wires from the humbucker that are normally tied together and wire them to the on off switch? Do this for both humbuckers to their respective switches?

thanks alot man.. beats a dimarzio diagram any day!

rich

Comment

funny you should ask minus the tone knob thats how i have my model6 wired. wire the guitar to the 3 way like normal. then take the 2 wires tied together from the pickup & wire them to a on/off switch grounding those 2 wires from the pickup that is tied together. that will be your coil tap, when those 2 wires ground out, when not grounded its standard humbucker. take the main that leads to the output jack & run that thru another on./off for the kill switch or ground everything to kill it.

Comment

Yes sorry its confusing, the 2 wires from the pickup that are wired together those go to a switchable ground, when those 2 are grounded it coil tapped, & keep them soldered together

Comment

Working...
        X