dimarzio x2n question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dimarzio x2n question?

Okay so i directed my friend to a x2n because he wanted a good pickup to put in the bridge of his Ibanex rg350dx? i think thats what it is... So he trys soldering it himself (stupid) but okay whatever; then i tell him just to go spend the money and get it done right so he does.He says it doesnt soudn any different then the stock Ibanez hum ? Could someone explain to me what could be the problem? Mabey hes tone def and cant tell or its still not wired properly?

Thanks Rick

Re: dimarzio x2n question?

Solder the bare wire and green wire together attach to a ground (top of the vol pot).solder the black and white wires together, tape over these two wires so they don't touch anything else.attach the red wire to the hot side of the selector switch.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Hey Richard thanks for the help ill check out his guitar and see how its wired.. also i sent you ap.m. about the model 6 [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks

Comment

What's his amp setup?

Comment

Pickups vary greatly and adjustment is the key.The pole pieces distance from the string will alter the sound of the pickup.Too close and you will get almost no sustain and a muddy sound,too far you will lose volume and tone.It takes some tweaking but its well worth the effort.Some pickups just sound different in different guitars due to the kinds of wood and what hardware is used.

Comment

Imo it's impossible not hearing the difference between the X2N and any other passive pu! [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah me too! The X2N should kick a stock pikups ass.I'm thinking its wired out of phase maybe.I just put a DiMarzio PAF pro in my star(ash body)and I'm very pleased. Its had about 10 different pickups in it most of them high output but I went in the other direction with the PAF pro and it sounds great.

Comment

did he wire it as a single coil maybe? This pickup is my favorite all time pickup. I always go back to it. Check to make sure it is wired right because it should kick the original pickups ass!

Comment

Is it an older X2N? I have an older one here that has pretty low output compared to the newer ones...

Rich

Comment

Originally posted by deviltronix:
                    Is it an older X2N? I have an older one here that has pretty low output compared to the newer ones...

Rich
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think you've got a defective one, dude.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                    X