Nut problem on my Jackson "mutt"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nut problem on my Jackson "mutt"

OK, so i put together my Jackson from parts and then i adjust the trussrod for the lowest of the low action like i prefer it, and verythings cool, but the high e string buzzes when picked open, and the 2nd and third strings bottom out a bit on the 1st 2nd and third frets. I am pretty certian that this is because the locking nut is ever so slightly too low on neck route on the treble strings . I am hopeing a luthier can add a tiny shim to correct this deformity. Anyone have any input on this. Any and all input much appreciated and I apologise for the rant on the 3 way swuitch awhile back.

You can easily do it yourself. Take the nut off, put a piece of paper, business card or tinfoil under the treble side of the nut.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

THNX!! i will give it a shot.

Comment

No problem. They also make metal shims for nuts and saddles, but just about any material will work fine. Let us know how it works out.

Comment

+1
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

JoeTam to the rescue. Nice tip

Comment

Comment

I like to use different grades of sandpaper, for this. The finer grits are thinner than the coarser ones, which makes fine-tuning the height, easier.
                I'm not Ron!

Comment

Working...
                X