Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is a good source to buy guitar electronics parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is a good source to buy guitar electronics parts?

Hey:

Where do you guys buy your switches, jacks, mini-switches etc?

Specifically, I am looking for a mono 1/4" imput jact, standard 2 pup switch (think Les Paul), and a push/pull 500K volume control.

I am going to totally redo my new Jackson when I get the replacement pups.

Thanks for the advice [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Where is a good source to buy guitar electronics parts?

I can likely help you. I have some high end parts available. You may want to keep the factory switch in that guitar as it is good quality as-is. It just may need the contacts cleaned.

jimshine @ megalink.net

Comment

Ah....Jim...to my assistance once again [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Shoot me an e-mail with a price bro...and I am sure I'll be asking some tech advice also from you.

Thanks.
      LPC

Comment

www.guitarelectronics.com
        www.allparts.com
        "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

Typically guitar pots are Audio taper, not Linear taper. There are exceptions though.

I don't like Carvin's pots or switches. AllParts, WD and Fender offer the better stuff. My preferances are NOS Stackpole pots (haven't been made for 20 years now, but I do find them NOS), CTS pots are next in line. Switchcraft jacks and Gibson style selector switches, CRL (Centralab) blade switches and Sprauge caps. Dimarzio pots are nice. I think those are Centralabs.

Comment

most electronic stores carry pots & switches, i usually get switchcraft switches & jacks, Dimarzio also sells pots & stuff as does carvin. i believe they are just linear tapper 500K pots. torres engineering is also good on the web, they had parts for a varitone i needed, that NO one else had.

Comment

Working...
            X