Another Pro Concert V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Pro Concert V

The serial is 300660, anyone know when it was made? It's an amazing bass. I got it for £240 about 2 years ago, that's about $470 dollars. I put EMG's in it, but I still have the original jackson pickups. Problem is, the circuit board is screwed, so they humm like hell. I would have changed them either way, but if I ever sell it, I'd want to sell it with the originals. Can you even get a circuit board?

I always keep an eye out fot these on ebay, they are so good for the money you pay for them these days.

I think they're the best import bass Jackson ever made - easily on par with the USA basses.

That Kahler bridge also kicks major butt!

I've owned several over the years and regretted selling any of them.

The only weak spot would be the pickups and board, IMO. I'd much prefer some Fender or Duncans in there and skip the circuitry.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Wow - I really love the color of that bass. The pro concert is my next purchase. I want that color.

Comment

Noobie Question

I haven't been in the market for some time. I am wondering about the most recent Jackson gear listed online. It appears there is the C20 Concert, CMG Concert, and in the pro series, only a Chris Beattie signature. Has Jackson given up on a strong line of bass guitars? Is the CMG equivalent to the Concert V or IS it the Concert V?

Davis

Comment

The CMG is the "new" Concert Pro. The "V" denoted 5-string, which the CMG does not come in (or does it? never had one, never seen one).

I've got a C5A (turnip body 5-string) and it's as good as the Concert V, though I do like the pickups better than the old ones.

I'm still threatening to get a CMG one day
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks so much for the quick reply. It seems tough to find these in inventory. Even guitar center carries very few where I live. I did an ebay search and found only one. Looks like they go for about $600. Does this sound right?

Davis

Comment

Working...
            X