V-Trem -> Floyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Trem -> Floyd

all right alla' you Tech. Gurus, maybe you can help me with this. i have a Vintage Trem on one of my guitars, would it be possible to reroute the axe to make it a recessed OFR? i'm hoping yes but really have no idea if it would completely ruin the thing. thanks fella's.

Re: V-Trem -> Floyd

Yep, you sure can. If you have a router you can get a Floyd template from Stew-mac. If you pay for a professional install it would probably be around 150-200 dollars. I prefer the top mount non-recessed OFR's and have converted a few myself. I couldn't do the body route though (no router or template). I did have to route a little bit from where the bar goes in but that was simple dremel thingy.
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

sweet. all right, thanks dude. i have a router. not a problem there. the template's what i'd need. i don't give much of a shit about the guitar so it's not a biggie to me if it gets the shit-treatment. thanks again boss.

Comment

Also check the neck angle after you do it.YOu may need to do a little shimming.

Comment

Or un-shimming as the case may be. De-shimming?

Comment

Chuck, after all the shims are gone I think "De-shimming" is actually synonymous with "more routing" !! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
            X