Weird sound, Caparison Horus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird sound, Caparison Horus

I've lately been noticing a weird sound in my Horus.
    http://media.putfile.com/What-the-59

The first two notes are on my Horus, the second two are on my Model 2.
    It sounds like some weird fluttering noise... I've tried changing the E and G saddles with eachother, blocking the trem, and changing the strings. No result. I have no idea what this could be. I really need some help... Argh!

No crap about Model 2's owning Horuses, k?

The spring tension?? Just as a goof, try depressing the trem, and placing tape of some sort on the springs.. do the same thing you did before and see if the noise goes away?

Comment

Originally posted by Wayniac View Post
      The spring tension?? Just as a goof, try depressing the trem, and placing tape of some sort on the springs.. do the same thing you did before and see if the noise goes away?
      I'll give that a shot tomorrow. The odd thing is that it only sounds like that on the g-string...

Comment

I think I hear what you're talking about. Some of my guitars do that too. Are your pickups very close to the strings?
        1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

did you check intonation? the G string is notorious for having issues like that. many people say to put a wound G string on and it eliminates the problem, but you can minimize it by carefully setting the intonation, or maybe try changing the string (had the same problem with my RR3, switched to DR strings on it and the problem instantly went away).
          My metal band Lucian Scott
          Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
          Available Now!
          New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Originally posted by buzzsaww View Post
            I think I hear what you're talking about. Some of my guitars do that too. Are your pickups very close to the strings?
            I actually adjusted the pickups away from the strings a bit, to eliminate that as a reason... It's about 6mm (1/4") away from the strings now.

Originally posted by soc_monki View Post
            did you check intonation? the G string is notorious for having issues like that. many people say to put a wound G string on and it eliminates the problem, but you can minimize it by carefully setting the intonation, or maybe try changing the string (had the same problem with my RR3, switched to DR strings on it and the problem instantly went away).
            Intonation is about 99% perfect. I'll try the DR's in a while... There were Dean Markley strings on her from Caparison, I've now strung her up with Elixir Nanoweb .010's. Excellent strings!

Comment

Working...
            X