Anyone got a TremSetter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got a TremSetter?

Anyone have one of these installed? Is it working out for you?
    I was going to get one on my KE2 (when I buy it), but I'm worried that it wont work for the string gauge I use. (11-50, for E tuning). (This normally needs 4 springs).

Thanks
    Last edited by Mario8672; 04-08-2007, 01:06 PM.
    Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
    Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
    Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

had them in a few guitars that i used to own, and i liked how they performed. it's not going to be like having a blocked trem, but unison bends were a little more stable, and the return to zero feature can help out trems that need a little assistance.

you should be able to use it with your string guage; while they recommend 2 with the TS in the middle, there is an included claw that can accomodate more springs.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I have the Tremsetter on 4 or 5 guitars I think and they're working pretty good. Flawless, in fact. I'm using lighter string gauges though, 09-48 approx. I think two springs will work with your setup, but as sully said, more springs can be mounted. I don't think it will be a problem for you.

I can tune the low E to drop-tuning without the bridge moving. Pretty cool. My setup is like playing a guitar with hard tail and that's what I like the most about it.

The Tremsetter is not good for gentle vibrato IMO. Too annoying with the zero bump. But I'm not the gentle vibrato kind of guy, so I'm fine. I have a couple of guitars for that kind of playing.
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Is there a noticeable "click" when it returns to "0"?

Comment

Not a through-the-amp audible "click", no. It's a feel thing. You feel a bump in your hand when crossing the zero point of the Tremsetter.

Have you read the old review?
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

If you don't mind drilling a hole in your guitar body trem cavity.. its cool.
            I personally thought they took some getting used to in feel but I like to float the trem and still use it for a pull up to # or use it for chord and note vibrato.

Comment

They kill flutter. That's my gripe with them...
              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                Yeah, they do, but you get back to zero without going out of tune!
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                  Not a through-the-amp audible "click", no. It's a feel thing. You feel a bump in your hand when crossing the zero point of the Tremsetter.

Have you read the old review?
                  Yep.

Comment

i thought Vai used them, and he has no problem with flutter?
                    My metal band Lucian Scott
                    Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
                    Available Now!
                    New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Originally posted by soc_monki View Post
                      i thought Vai used them, and he has no problem with flutter?
                      They kill flutter. That meaning: you can't flutter with them.

Comment

flutter is a fun trick. but if your trying to pluck or hit the strings hard (for blues playing etc) then you get unwanted flutter.

ESP " Arming Adjuster" is better IMO then tremsetter. The 'zero bump' is hardly noticeable on my guitars.

I believe Steve Vai uses an Ibanez device no longer available, except for high prices on EPay. The Ibanez device looks like 2 arming adjusters put together
                        Last edited by maxboost; 04-10-2007, 03:12 PM.

Comment

What do you guys think of the Tremsetter vs Tremel-no?

Comment

Different beasts. The Tremol-No is used more as a blocking tool than one that helps the trem return to the right spot...

The Tremol-No kills flutter too...
                            I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Different beasts. The Tremol-No is used more as a blocking tool than one that helps the trem return to the right spot...

The Tremol-No kills flutter too...
                              My Tremol-No doesn't kill the flutter. I just keep the thumb screw loose or take it off entirely or it will fall out on it's own
                              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                              X