Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i'm starting to wonder about this neck.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm starting to wonder about this neck.......

many of you may remember my floyd thread, many of you told me to adjust the trust rod. i did like everyone said 1/8 and let it rest half an hour, but i never saw a difference, i did this for 2 whole turns not a mm of difference.

is the trust rod broken?

the only reason i'm not pissed is because eventually the trust rod got tight and i stopped. so i figured it was working.
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

If it got tight, I'd say it's fine. DK2M right? Where'd you get the guitar from?

Comment

Thats truss rod......for those of you in Rio Linda
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
        Thats truss rod......for those of you in Rio Linda

Comment

ehhh...... you get the point rio linda or rio grande. yea DK2M
          "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I was just trying to help you not make fun of you.

Comment

i made that comment with the best of intentions. i didn't anything with my comment, just tried to make a funny

Comment

OK some people are sooooo sensative.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                  OK some people are sooooo sensative.
                  You mean they write with Sensa pens?

http://www.sensa.com/index.php

Comment

Sometimes a truss rod adjustment can take a couple days to show effect.

Comment

I guess I'm the only person that has never broken a truss rod (yet?). Carefully turn the thing and make sure you feel some tension. If it was really loose, it will need a few go rounds before bending the neck to where you want it. If the tension starts to feel like your forcing it "hard" you probably are, but you will notice a big ole bend at that point. That truss rod will be able to bend that neck back like a bannana...no problem. How do you think you re-fret a neck? Crank that sucker back and open up the slots so you can pull the frets out.

Comment

Sometimes you need to apply a little backwards pressure from the headstock or nut area as you tighten the truss rod nut. On some necks, tension from the rod itself is not enough to overcome string tension and the neck will not move much if at all. Dan Erlewine's book on guitar maintenance has some great tips for truss rod adjustment.
                        My gear -> 2004 Jackson DK2 EDS, JT580LP trem, SD Custom Shop Crazy 8 trembucker (bridge), SSL-2 Vintage rw/rp (middle) and SSL-6 Custom (neck) single coils, CTS pots, 5-way super switch with custom wiring, GHS Boomers TNT 10-52, ENGL Powerball E645 V2 head, ENGL Custom Footswitch Z-5, Framus FR 212 CS cab

Comment

update. i loosened up a bunch. the damn nut came off, and still no change. WTF!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The truss rod could be stuck from glue when putting the finger board on. Put the nut back on and give it to a tech. A tech may be able to steam it or release the glue if thats the case.
                            Gil

Comment

any other takers

Comment

Working...
                              X