Pulsing sound on Dk2M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulsing sound on Dk2M

If I do a hammer on from the 8 to 9th fret on the B string.. I get an odd sounding pulse or vibrato. If I pick 9.. I don't get the effect. Its happens other places and the G string a bit also. I only hear it when I am using my bridge pickup which happens to be the stock SB JB TB4. If I use the neck pickup I don't hear it.
    It is definately pronounced with distortion. harder to hear on a clean channel.

I raised and lowered the pickup but couldn't get a change.

Is this just a natural harmonic or something thats getting picked up on the 9th or a setup issue on my guitar?
    DK2M
    Fender Strat (Made in USA)
    Epiphone Les Paul Classic Quilt Top

you probably need your intonation adjusted (did you change the gauge of strings and not adjust it?) or you have some old dead strings or bad strings.

those are the most common causes for sounds like that
    My metal band Lucian Scott
    Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
    Available Now!
    New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

I kinda thought maybe the strings. I have Black Beauties on it.. they are maybe a month old. I will definately see what happens when I put a new set on someday.

The intonation seems ok. Pitch at 12th fret should match the harmonic there, right?
      DK2M
      Fender Strat (Made in USA)
      Epiphone Les Paul Classic Quilt Top

Comment

The D string saddle should be 25 1/2 in from the back of the nut to the take off point of the string saddle.You are correct about the 12th fret harmonic.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Do what Bill would do. Drill a Glory Hole in it and enjoy the pulsating feeling. :ROTF:
          Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

only the baddest of the bad asses would do that
            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Working...
            X