Stud mount OFR trem arms............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stud mount OFR trem arms............

Anyone know how to remove the screw in on the base for the arm? Its one of the ones with the threaded arm that wobbles alot......That is, does any one know without dimantiling the whole contraption?..............

Re: Stud mount OFR trem arms............

Two pairs of pliers, or an open-end wrench and a pair of pliers. Hold the top or bottom, and turn the other side. As far as I know, a socket won't go over either end unless you've got one of the rare hexagonal collared ones, but most only had two smooth sides (and they came with their own wrench).

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Take the trem spring cover off and use a wrench to hold the female piece.

Comment

Problem is, I have a very early one, and the female part is off, but the male part wont come out..........There is a metal washer deep in there with a couple of teeth, so when the part turns, so does the washer, and its the part jamming everything in..........I guess the whole things gotta come apart. Thanx guys.........

Comment

Well I got it all aprt, put it back together, and it wont mount on a flat top guitar. Too bad, I sure aint gonna put this thing on either of my LPs.................

Comment

by Accept2: the female part is off, but the male part wont come out
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] is it just me or does that sound kinda dirty. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
            My wife and I have that problem often! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
            X