Diamond plate Kelly question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diamond plate Kelly question...

I have a KE2TD...you know, the one with the string-thru diamond plate. The problem is that I was rearranging the order of the pots and one of the EMGs got disconnected from the plug that connects it to the controls. The question is, how would I access the bottom of the pickup where the plug is? The EMG is attached straight to the diamond plate (no bezel) and it looks as though the ferrules for the strings also hold down the diamond plate...or am I wrong and all I'd have to do is unscrew the plate...

Re: Diamond plate Kelly question...

I'd think all you have to do is turn the two screws to raise the pickup all the way up and just pull it out.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You will have to unscrew and remove the plate.
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

^Yes, but the ferrules which the strings go through, do they hold the plate down?

Comment

How do you raise and lower the pickups? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Wouldn't they just come out like normal and you could access the wire in the pickup cavity that way? Or does the diamond plate somehow go down and cover inside the pickup cavities, too?

Comment

There are no bezels, but there are screws that go through the plate and into the pick up to adjust height. Just imagine it's a giant pickguard where the pickups are mounted right to it. The two little tips of the pickup where the screws go into the pickup are under the plate...

[ January 30, 2004, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: MetalGrasshopper ]

Comment

Well, I've got a couple guitars that don't have bezels, and it's pretty close to the same as having the bezels, just they're mounted in the cavity instead and come out the same way. Try to see if you can raise them all the way up and just take them out. If you do ultimately need to take the whole diamond plate off, I'm sure you'll need to take the little top eyelets for the ferrules off. They should pop out rather easily with the end of a pick, or try to get a tiny piece of string or dental floss slide under and pull them up.

Comment

Joe, I'm sorry bro but that little flame thingy coming out of the asshole of your moniker makes me nauseous! Is it possible that you could find something different? Just a request, no offense intended. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

" You can't light a fart on fire"
                  " Yes you can... Watch"
                  "Shit Kenny's on fire, Shit now the stick's on fire" Shit, Shit, Shit.

If the hieght adjustment screws go thru the diamond plate then you'll have to remove the screws holding down the Diamond plate to access the pickup.
                  Gil

Comment

Yeah, I find it hard to believe the plate is like a pickguard and that the pups are mounted underneath it. I thought the plate was just screwed on top of the body. It seems strange to me, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002:
                      Joe, I'm sorry bro but that little flame thingy coming out of the asshole of your moniker makes me nauseous! Is it possible that you could find something different? Just a request, no offense intended. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sorry, man, but the aliens gave me an anal probe and now all I do is shoot fire!! If you can find a way to remove the big metal hoobajoob they stuck in my ass, then I'll gladly stop farting fire! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Hmmm, maybe I should change the avatar to the Cartman dressed up like Hitler for Halloween! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Hahahaha! That's my favorite episode. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X