How often can you remove a neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often can you remove a neck?

How often are you guys comfortable removing the neck on your guitar to adjust the truss rod?

I have a newer guitar that has needed adjustment a few times in the last 6 months. I'm wondering if you can remove the neck too often to the point where the screws don't hold as well as they should.

Seems like this neck will settle in eventually and this won't be an issue. Mostly just curious as a general question.

Re: How often can you remove a neck?

I've taken the neck off my '86 baretta several times, for no obvious reason what-so-ever. doesn't seem to be a problem. If you find that it's bad for your neck, you could install bushings in it (as Fender does on one of their japanese YJM strats).
    I guitar, therefore, I am a Guitarer

http://iguitarer.blogspot.com

Comment

Worst that could happen is you'd have to fill the holes in the neck and redrill them. That's about a 15-20 minute job for any halfway decent tech.

Comment

And it only takes about 5 minutes for a slopartist like myself [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
          Worst that could happen is you'd have to fill the holes in the neck and redrill them. That's about a 15-20 minute job for any halfway decent tech.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So what kind of adhesive are these "halfway decent techs" using BM?

Thanks,
          Dave-&gt;
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Cool, I won't sweat it then.

Comment

Superglue. The thin stuff. Dowel the holes, then seep some superglue into there. It's not going to move. For added insurance, spray some accelerator on it.

Comment

Does your truss rod adj at the heel?I hope you don't remove the neck if your adj is at the nut.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                X